Friday 28 June 2019

Care Home Visits

There are a large number of care homes in Swansea, possibly more than any other authority in Wales, including Cardiff. Nobody knows why this is, but I suspect that it has more to do with the scenery and the high quality of life.

The Lord Mayor is often invited to open days and to visit the care homes for special occasions. This afternoon I was scheduled to visit two care homes in quick succession.
The first of these was St Martin's Court in Martin Street, Morriston where I observed a sing-a-long with some of the residents. The second home I visited was Peniel Green in Llansamlet, which was having an open day and where I helped in a presentation to a long-standing volunteer, who also has a relative resident in the home.



No comments:

Post a Comment