Thursday 20 June 2019

Parlour Visit

One of the joys of being Lord Mayor is welcoming visitors to our City and helping to make them feel welcome. So when a constituent got in touch to ask about the Swansea Twinning Association, I was happy to step into the breach left by the winding up of that organisation some years ago.

My constituent had a visitor from Swansea's twin town, Mannheim, who he wanted to put in touch with those who oversee twinning arrangements. Nowadays that is co-ordinated from the Lord Mayor's office, so I invited them to visit the Lord Mayor's Parlour.

So this morning I met up with my constituent, his son and Coniela Brukli from Mannheim. I had a useful discussion with them about the relationship between the two Cities, invited them to sign the visitor's book and showed them the council chamber.

No doubt there will be a similar number of such visits over the course of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment