Sunday 30 June 2019

RMBI Summer Ball

It is a tradition that Lord Mayor's are invited to attend the summer ball of the South Wales' Freemason Province (my apologies if I have got that title wrong). The Freemasons have also been very generous in the past (and present) in donating to the Lord Mayor's charities, a donation which is much appreciated.

Yesterday however, was an absolute disaster and my worst day as Lord Mayor. I woke up feeling nauseous and unwell, so much so that I was obliged to cancel my visit to the Brynmill Park fun day. By the evening though I had managed to eat something and was feeling better so I decided that I should attend the ball.

I struggled through the champagne reception and the excellent concert by the Onllwyn Male Voice Choir, I enjoyed the solo performances before and during the courses, but by the end of the second course I was feeling very unwell indeed and was forced to abandon the event altogether.

My apologies to my hosts and to those on my table for disrupting their enjoyment so thoroughly and my gratitude to the organisers for continuing to offer a very generous donation to my charities.


No comments:

Post a Comment