Saturday 6 July 2019

Air Show Day One

Following the Armed Forces Day ceremony it was onto the Air Show. This is actually the first time I have been to this spectacle and I was astonished as to how large it is. There are dozens of stands and stalls, many of them commercial, some of them related to the council and a lot for charities and voluntary sector organisations. I made a point of speaking to as many of the last two categories as possible, including Ty Hafan.
During the afternoon we saw a number of air displays, and then at just before 4pm it was the turn of the Tigers Army Parachute Display Team. My role was to take the salute from the team once they had landed and meet them. They are an extraordinary group of skilled individuals with a massive amount of experience. I look forward to seeing them again tomorrow.


Following the parachute display it was time for the Red Arrows, and their outstanding display.

No comments:

Post a Comment